The General Manager Football will lead the team of management to create an environment that maximises the participation, enjoyment of competition and program participants through the development and implementation of regulations, policies, procedures and operational processes.
The 2023 – 2026 Football West Strategic Plan identifies the following key strategic pillars and focuses that the General Manager Football will assist in delivering outcomes for:
Participants and Clubs
Football to be the most accessible sport in Western Australia and provide opportunity across the state. We are not only growing as a sport but Football West, as an organisation, is servicing our participants and clubs so they are better and driving higher satisfaction.
- Football to be the most accessible sport in WA and provide opportunity across the state;
- Elite Teams and Pathways: Providing equal opportunities for participants to be their best regardless of their location is critical to the delivery of the national ambition in a West Australian context;
- Fans: Attract and grow an inspired fanbase who love and are invested in Australian football;
- Unifying Football: Football West as the conduit, will develop a united and unified game from the grassroots through to the national body.
Asia and the Sam Kerr Football Centre:
- Football West has a crucial role to play in bringing Australia closer to our international neighbours, while the activation of the Sam Kerr Football Centre is critical for the long-term health of the game in our State.